You have no items to compare.
At Sax Alley our business developed around our repair shop. Our reputation is built on quality repair for discriminating players.
The owner of Sax Alley, Timothy Glesmann, has been repairing for over 20 years and repairing nothing but saxophones for over 18 years at Sax Alley. He learned instrument repair through an apprenticeship program and additional study. Any repairs not personally done by Timothy are meticulously checked over to be sure they meet Sax Alley's high standard of excellence.
Timothy obtained a Bachelors Degree in Music Education from Hasting College and a Masters Degree in Classical Saxophone Performance from the University of Northern Colorado where he studied under Roger Greenberg and played in the award winning #1 Jazz Ensemble under jazz education legend, Gene Aitken. He was also a Jazz Teaching Assistant while earning his degree at UNC.
After graduating he played professionally and led his own 17-piece Big Band, "Resurrected Swing", which performed for many years along the Northern Colorado Front Range. Timothy has played with such reknowned artists as Louie Bellson, James Moody, Jon Faddis, Matt Cattingub, Bobby McFerrin, The Guy Lombardo Orchestra, The Four Freshman and others.
The other repair tech at Sax Alley is Shawna Glendenning who has been with Sax Alley for 8 years.
Shawna obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Clarinet Performance under Bill Jackson, Principal Clarinetist with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. She also played with the University of Northern Colorado's award winning #1 Jazz Ensemble on alto saxophone while earning her degree.
Shawna apprenticed in saxophone repair at Sax Alley and is a great asset to our repair department.
Repairs are scheduled by appointment in order to return your saxophone to you as quickly as possible. The day you are scheduled is the day work begins on your instrument. After completion of repair all instruments are play tested then adjusted for intonation and response as necessary. (Intonation adjustments are nomally not made to the instruments of professional players unless requested by the owner.)
Sax Alley Repair Prices
Our clientele consists of professionals, professors and college students along the Front Range of Colorado including:
- Denver University, Lamont School of Music
- Art Bouton - Professor of Saxophone, D.U. Lamont School of Music
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- Tom Myer - Professor of Saxophone, University of Colorado
- Darren Rahn - Professional Saxophonist, recording artist, Denver
- Casper College, Wyoming - Robert Kleinschmidt, Professor of Woodwinds
- University of Wyoming
- Dr. Scott Turpen - Director of Jazz Studies, Assistant Professor of Music, Woodwind Area Coordinator - University of Wyoming
- Colorado State University, Ft. Collins
- Peter Sommer - Assistant Professor of Jazz Studies and Saxophone, Colorado State University
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
- Andrew Dahlke - Assistant Professor of Music - Saxophone - University of Northern Colorado
- Mark Miller, Chair - BA in Music, Co-Chair - Performing Arts Department, Naropa University
- Howard Payne University Brownwood, Texas
- Stephen Goacher, Associate Professor of Music, Director of Jazz Studies, Professor of Woodwinds - Howard Payne University
- Daniel Bowerly - http://saxophonepraise.com
- Doug Carmichael - Professional Saxophonist & Band Director
- Claire Church - Professional Saxophonist and Instructor
- Pete Lewis - Professional Saxophonist and Instructor
- John Zangrando - Professional Saxophonist, Hawaii, Colorado
- Joe Lukasik - Professional Saxophonist, Denver